1/8 Photos of Northwest Slicey Cheese Potatoes
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Whether they come from Washington or Idaho, my family enjoys potatoes in almost any form! This recipe came from one of those sample packs sent in the mail. I'm not sure what the original name was but my family loves NW Slicey Potatoes! They are especially good with meatloaf, barbecue, or any other beef dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Line shallow baking pan with foil.
- 3Melt butter, stir in spices, set aside.
- 4Lay potato on your cutting board with a wooden spoon laying along side, parallel to the potato.
- 5Make 1/4" slices into the potato- the spoon will prevent you from slicing all the way through.
- 6Place potatoes in the pan.
- 7Brush or spoon the butter mixture over the potatoes, fan out the slices as best as you can to get the butter in between them.
- 8Bake the potatoes for one hour, basting once or twice with butter from the pan.
- 9Test the potatoes, cook longer if needed, they should be fork tender.
- 10Sprinkle cheese over the potatoes and bake till the cheese is lightly browned 7- 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Northwest Slicey Cheese Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.1
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 60.4 mg
- Sodium 451.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 7.5 g