Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my fav. comfort food. I got this recipe from my mother and changed it just a bit. You can use shrimp or any other seafood
- 1⁄2 lb dry fettuccine pasta
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- red pepper, cut
- 1 tomatoes, seeded and cut
- mushroom, cut
- smoked salmon, broken into little pieces
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 mis or until al dente; drain.
- In a medium saucepan, combine cheeses, margarine, milk, garlic powder, basil and stir over low heat until smooth and creamy about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Toss sauce vegetables, smoked salmon, sauce and pasta in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
Delicious. We had some extra smoked salmon and this made a great meal. Quite heavy and I used about half of the recommended cream cheese. I substituted 1 pressed garlic clove for the powder and added some broccoli.
This turned out to be pretty nice - The smoked salmon crumbled in the cream sauce is a delicious combination and tempers some of the smoky taste that I don't like in eating smoked salmon raw. The spices are good here, although I used minced garlic cooked in from the beginning instead of the garlic powder. And also added a lot of black pepper. The dish is LOVELY with the red peppers roasted in the oven beforehand and then tossed on top with steamed broccoli. I felt the cream cheese wasn't really necessary because the sauce was plenty rich and the creamcheesy-taste was a little strong. Next time I'll cut that. That's a personal taste thing, of course. Thank you for the recipe.
Creamy deliciousness! Made this tonight with a few tweeks. It was a family hit!!! Love