Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Pike Place Public Market Seafood Cookbook by Braiden Rex-Johnson.
- 2 large soft lettuce leaves (such as Bibb, green leaf or iceberg)
- 1 halibut fillet (about 3 ounces, skin and bones removed, rinsed, drained, and patted dry)
- 6 clams, purged and shells scrubbed
- 6 mussels, scrubbed and debearded just before cooking
- 3 alaskan spot prawns, cut down the back with scissors and vein extracted
- 2 small new potatoes (about 1 1/2 inches in diameter, cut in half)
- 1 ear of corn (husk removed and broken or cut into thirds)
- 6 snow peas, strings removed
- 1 small yellow squash or 1 small zucchini, ends removed and cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- fresh rosemary sprigs or fresh thyme sprigs or tarragon, sprigs
- 1⁄4 cup clam juice, fish stock or 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut two 24-inch lengths of aluminum foil and place on a flat surface in a cross-shaped pattern.
- Place the lettuce leaves in the center of the foil and top with the halibut fillet, then place the clams, mussels, and spot prawns on top.
- Place the potatoes, corn, snow peas, and yellow squash around the halibut, then pull up sides of the foil around the vegetables to form a bowl shape.
- Sprinkle the garlic over the seafood and vegetables, place the herb sprigs on top of the seafood, then drizzle clam juice over all.
- Bring the long sides of foil up until they meet in the middle and secure tightly.
- Fold the remaining ends to seal tightly.
- Place the packet on a baking sheet and bake I hour.
- To serve, place the packet on an individual plate and unfold or cut open the foil at the table for an informal presentation.
- Alternately, unfold the foil in the kitchen, transfer contents of the packet to a plate, and discard the foil.