1 hr 20 mins
From Pike Place Public Market Seafood Cookbook by Braiden Rex-Johnson.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large soft lettuce leaves (such as Bibb, green leaf or iceberg)
- 1 halibut fillet (about 3 ounces, skin and bones removed, rinsed, drained, and patted dry)
- 6 clams, purged and shells scrubbed
- 6 mussels, scrubbed and debearded just before cooking
- 3 alaskan spot prawns, cut down the back with scissors and vein extracted
- 2 small new potatoes (about 1 1/2 inches in diameter, cut in half)
- 1 ear of corn (husk removed and broken or cut into thirds)
- 6 snow peas, strings removed
- 1 small yellow squash or 1 small zucchini, ends removed and cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- fresh rosemary sprigs or fresh thyme sprigs or tarragon, sprigs
- 1/4 cup clam juice, fish stock or 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Cut two 24-inch lengths of aluminum foil and place on a flat surface in a cross-shaped pattern.
- 3Place the lettuce leaves in the center of the foil and top with the halibut fillet, then place the clams, mussels, and spot prawns on top.
- 4Place the potatoes, corn, snow peas, and yellow squash around the halibut, then pull up sides of the foil around the vegetables to form a bowl shape.
- 5Sprinkle the garlic over the seafood and vegetables, place the herb sprigs on top of the seafood, then drizzle clam juice over all.
- 6Bring the long sides of foil up until they meet in the middle and secure tightly.
- 7Fold the remaining ends to seal tightly.
- 8Place the packet on a baking sheet and bake I hour.
- 9To serve, place the packet on an individual plate and unfold or cut open the foil at the table for an informal presentation.
- 10Alternately, unfold the foil in the kitchen, transfer contents of the packet to a plate, and discard the foil.
Browse Our Top Clams Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clams Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Northwest Clambake in the Oven
Serving Size: 1 (605 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.9
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 133.2 mg
- Sodium 719.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 55.8 g