Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This is an adopted recipe. I have not yet tried it, but the reviews below seem to vouch for its dependability. If you have specific suggestions, please let me know!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine, Melted
- 32 ounces cream cheese, Softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Combine crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar and margarine, press onto bottom of 9-inch spring form pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F., 10 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and flour, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Blend in sour cream and vanilla; pour over crust.
- Bake at 450 degrees F., 10 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 250 degrees F.; continue baking for 1 hour.
- Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan.
- Top with pie filling just before serving.
- Substitute 1 1/2 cups finely chopped nuts and 2 T sugar for graham cracker crumbs and sugar.
I've made this recipe soooo many times. I even had a friend ask me to make it as her wedding cake. It is super simple and if you are careful, you can create a perfect cheesecake that doesnt crack. My tips for that include mixing on the lowest speed possible the entire time, beating the eggs slightly before adding and mixing them in very slowly at the end. I usually make the crust a bit thicker and I bake it until the center of the cheesecake doesn't ripple when you bump the stove a bit. This takes a bit longer, usually closer to 2 hours for the final baking time. Also, let it cool completely in the oven before taking it out to chill completely. I've used these tips every time and my cheesecakes turn out perfect almost every time. The only times they haven't were when I was being impatient.
I've made this recipe several times from a Kraft cookbook I've had for years. I just made it for a family member's birthday and it went over great! If you like a NY style cheesecake this is the one. Thanks for posting it!
This recipe is really easy to make. Taste great, like NewYork cheesecake, rich and creamy just the way my family likes it! It was a hit! Thanks for sharing.