Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This yummy bread is pleasing to all the senses. It also uniquely perfect!!! I usually use frozen cranberries and chop them a little. This is a very large recipe, so I usually only make half of it.
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, whole
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄3 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs; add oil and mix.
- Blend in sugar and pumpkin.
- In a separate bowl sift together dry ingredients.
- Add to pumpkin mixture.
- Fold in cranberries and nuts.
- Pour into 2 greased 9x5x3" loaf pans or 3 regular muffin pans (that make 12 each). Bake at 350 degrees for 75 minutes for loaves, or 20-30 minutes for muffin pans, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes, then remove from pans to continue cooling.
what a great recipe! this bread was moist and flavorful. i made both bread and muffins and couldn't be more pleased
This bread is really good. I didn't have fresh cranberries, so I used dried ones. I baked it in mini loaf pans for about 45-50 minutes.