Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Jean Power. Adapted from Fish Cookery of North America.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 4 lbs pike fillets
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Season flour with salt and pepper.
- Roll fish in seasoned flour.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Saute fish and onion until browned on both sides, 4-5 minutes per side.
- Remove fish and keep warm. Leave the onions in the pan.
- Add tomatoes and wine to the onions.
- Cook about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and parsley and cook until heated through, 1-2 minutes.
- Pour sauce over the fish.
- Garnish with more parsley, if desired.
Very nice. Added a subtle flavoring to a relatively bland Northern Pike.