Recipe by Kimschmee
Once you make this turkey - It will be a standard on the table! The Italian Sausage stuffing is so good...
- 1⁄2 lb roasted chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb stuffed olives
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Italian sausage, bulk
- 1 1⁄2 ounces mushrooms, diced
- 12 lbs turkey
- 5 slices pancetta
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, Extra Virgin
- 1 tablespoon flour, all-purpose
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix chestnuts, olives, sausage meat and mushrooms. Stuff Turkey with this mixture and sew closed. Place the turkey in a roasting pan with the breast up.
- Lay pancetta strips across the breast. Season with salt and pepper and cover with olive oil. Roast in a slow oven, 300 F until tender (cook according to turkey directions).
- When the turkey is nearly done, remove the pancetta slices, sprinkle the turkey with flour and baste it with pan juices. Return to the oven for 10 minutes. Repeat the basting several times while the turkey cooks for 30 more minutes.