Recipe by dhadler
This is a very tasty chicken and very chrispy. My family and friends love it and it is a great picnic chicken.
- 1 (3 lb) whole chickens, cut into pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 quart vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak chicken in ice water for a few hours before frying.
- Season chicken pieces with salt, pepper, and paprika . Put in egg bath then roll in flour garlic powder and onion salt mixture.
- Add 1/2 to 3/4 inch oil to a large, heavy skillet. Heat to approximately 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). Place chicken pieces in hot oil. Cover, and fry until golden, turning once, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain on paper towels,.
- or can be deep fried, I like that better.