Recipe by JWynia
This recipe was given to me as "Southern Comfort Cornbread". However, since it's a sweet cornbread, which I know to be heresy in the south, I renamed it "Northern Comfort Cornbread" and kept the sugar and honey.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml cornmeal
- 236.59 ml white sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 425.24 g can whole kernel corn
- 177.44 ml melted butter
- 59.14 ml honey
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a cast iron skillet.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a blender, beat the eggs and then add the corn kernels.
- Blend to chop the corn kernels.
- Add the rest of the wet ingredients and blend until combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until it just comes together.
- Pour into cast iron skillet and bake for 15-18 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the cornbread from the skillet and set on a cooling rack for 10 minutes before cutting.