This recipe was given to me as "Southern Comfort Cornbread". However, since it's a sweet cornbread, which I know to be heresy in the south, I renamed it "Northern Comfort Cornbread" and kept the sugar and honey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Grease a cast iron skillet.
- 3In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients and set aside.
- 4In a blender, beat the eggs and then add the corn kernels.
- 5Blend to chop the corn kernels.
- 6Add the rest of the wet ingredients and blend until combined.
- 7Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until it just comes together.
- 8Pour into cast iron skillet and bake for 15-18 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 9Remove the cornbread from the skillet and set on a cooling rack for 10 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Northern Comfort Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 563.5
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 133.5 mg
- Sodium 595.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 35.3 g
- Protein 9.4 g