Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
These are good and a nice change from other baked bean recipes. I have been making these for years.
- 1 (3 lb) jarrandall great northern beans
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 onion, diced
- pre-heat oven 300 degree.
- fry bacon in small fry pan until starting to turn crisp.
- add onion and cook until soft.
- In large dutch oven or again a roaster/crock pot add all ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- cook covered for 3 hours.