Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from my great aunt, who always has delicious homemade salad dressings when we eat at her house. This one can be low fat if you use lower fat ingredients. The serving size is an estimate.
- 3 cups mayonnaise (I use light)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (I use drained soy yogurt)
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Mix together in large bowl, until smooth.
- Refrigerate up to 7 days in covered container.
I really liked this dressing, but it is very sweet...so next time I'll cut back on the sugar and honey. I added a good amount of freshly cracked black pepper, as I like the play of the sweet and hot flavors together. This is a keeper.
This reminds me SO much of a salad dressing that my Grandma's best friend used to make. When I was a child, we'd have annual picnics at their lake home and she made a salad that had this dressing on it. My husband loved this and this will become a regular dressing for us. Thanks Kree :)