Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
If chanterelles are not available, substitute other wild mushrooms.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium shallots, minced
- 3⁄4 lb chanterelle mushroom, trimmed and diced
- 1⁄4 lb cremini mushrooms or 1⁄4 lb button mushroom, diced
- 1⁄2 lb cooked yukon gold potato, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- fresh ground black pepper
- Warm the oil and butter together in a skillet over medium heat.
- Stir/saute shallots for 1-2 minutes, then add the mushrooms; stir, cover, and sweat for about 5 minutes, until the mushrooms are limp.
- Add the potatoes, drizzle with cream, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Scrape up from the bottom, stir, pat back down, and cook for about 2 minutes, until the potatoes begin to brown in spots.
- Increase heat, scrape up again, pat back down, and continue cooking 2-3 minutes more, until the liquid is evaporated and the potatoes are a bit crusted.
- Serve immediately.