North Woods Chanterelle Hash
- Warm the oil and butter together in a skillet over medium heat.
- Stir/saute shallots for 1-2 minutes, then add the mushrooms; stir, cover, and sweat for about 5 minutes, until the mushrooms are limp.
- Add the potatoes, drizzle with cream, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Scrape up from the bottom, stir, pat back down, and cook for about 2 minutes, until the potatoes begin to brown in spots.
- Increase heat, scrape up again, pat back down, and continue cooking 2-3 minutes more, until the liquid is evaporated and the potatoes are a bit crusted.
- Serve immediately.