1 hr 20 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 ounces dried bean thread noodles
- 2 dried wood ear mushrooms
- 3/4 lb ground pork or 3/4 lb ground chicken
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 walnut-sized shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1In separate bowls, soak the bean thread noodles and wood ears in warm water to cover until softened, about 10 minutes; drain.
- 2Cut the noodles into 2-inch lengths; cut the wood ears into narrow strips.
- 3In a big bowl, combine all the filling ingredients and mix well.
- 4To make each roll, place a triangular wrapper on a work surface with the long edge facing you.
- 5Spread ¼ cup of the filling in a band across the wrapper, positioning it 2 inches above the bottom and leaving a 2-inch border on either side.
- 6Fold the bottom edge of the wrapper over the filling, and then fold in the right and left corners.
- 7Roll over once to enclose the filling; brush sides and tip of the triangle with the flour-water paste; fold over the seal.
- 8Cover with a damp kitchen towel to prevent them from drying out.
- 9Heat vegetable oil to 350° on a deep-frying thermomenter.
- 10Working in batches, add the rolls and deep-fry, turning rolls, until they are golden brown and the filling is cooked, 4-5 minutes.
- 11Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- 12Serve warm rolls with the lettuce and your favorite dipping sauce.
- 13To eat, place a roll on a lettuce leaf, wrap the lettuce around the roll, dip it in the sauce, and eat out of hand.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for North Vietnamese-Style Spring Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.1
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 13.7 mg
- Sodium 102.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 4.6 g