Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The North Vietnamese don't use chilies in their sauces as the South Vietnamese do. The pepper in this recipe can be adjusted to taste, and makes a good table condiment for many Viet dishes.
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Combine all ingredients together.
This recipe is a little gem. Just the right combo of hot, sweet and sour. It will become one of my basics. My head is swimming with ways to use it....a great salad dressing.
Simple home cooking but effective!!!
This was very good...I added a little bit more sugar to suit our tastes. Very versatile sauce!!