Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This is so pretty. The colors are red, white and green. It's very festive, and although the colors and the name sound like Christmas, you could also use it for Italian dinners or parties. The Italian flag is red, green and white. And don't forget Mexican festivities, since their colors are also red, white and green. Feel free to add alcohol to the recipe, and party on!!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen sweetened strawberries, in syrup, then partially thawed and undrained
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups vanilla frozen yogurt
- 2 tablespoons low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 strawberry-flavored candy canes or 1 peppermint candy cane, about 6 inches, finely crushed
- green decorating gel
Directions See How It's Made
- Place strawberries and water in blender.
- Cover and blend on medium-high speed until slushy.
- Blend on medium speed until smooth.
- Transfer to 2-cup container.
- Wash and dry blender. Place frozen yogurt and reduced-fat yogurt in blender.
- Cover and blend on medium speed on medium speed until smooth.
- Place crushed candy on small plate.
- Pipe decorating gel around rim of 2 12oz. glasses.
- Dip rims into crushed candy.
- Carefully pour yogurt mixture and strawberries at the same time into glasses, creating a half-and-half design.
- Serve with large drinking straws, if desired.