Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a hardy yet very simple soup with lots of flavor and a great aroma.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 ounces ham, cubed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, crushed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can canned kidney beans, drained
- 2 1⁄2 ounces pasta
- salt and pepper
- In saucepan, heat olive oil and add onion and carrot.
- Cook 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic, basil and ham.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook 5 minutes.
- Add broth and beans.
- Bring to a boil and mash some of the beans to thicken the soup.
- Lower heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Return to a boil and stir in pasta.
- Boil approximately.
- 6 minutes or until pasta is done.
The directions say to add the beans and then mash some of the beans, there dosen't seem to be any beans in the recipe. mosgeo