Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
The hustle and bustle of the holidays can tire even the most dedicated of Santa's helpers. Give them an energy booster that tastes great. Perfect for those days when things are just rush, rush, rush and good for anytime of the year really. Perfect breakfast for the kids that are moving late for the bus.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 (6 ounce) packageschopped dried fruit
- 1⁄2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a 9x13" baking pan with aluminum foil, extending foil over ends of pan.
- Lightly grease foil.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add peanut butter, corn syrup, egg, and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- In small bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture; stir until a soft dough forms.
- Stir in oats, fruit, and peanuts.
- Press mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 30-33 min or until firm and lightly browned.
- Cool in pan.
- Use ends of foil to lift from pan.
- Cut into 2x4" bars.
- Wrap individually or store in air tight containers.