1/2 Photos of North Croatian Pork Chops in Mushroom Sauce
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This is very heavy winter meal. It is advisable to mix various mushrooms because taste is much better. Use dried mushrooms but avoid pickled ones. I’ve prepared this meal this weekend and everyone loved it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 700 g pork chops
- 200 g mushrooms (white cultivated)
- 200 g wild mushrooms
- 150 g flour
- 40 g butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 liter beef stock
- 1/3 liter wine (white dry)
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme (dry)
- 1 tablespoon pepper (green, whole and grounded)
- Worcestershire sauce
- 10 g salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (black, grounded)
- 1 teaspoon mustard (German, estragon)
- 150 g sour cream
- 100 g fresh parsley leaves (minced)
- 1Flat pork chops a bit, pour few drops of Worcestershire sauce on each side and spread out it. Season with salt and pepper, put them on a plate and pour oil over pork chops. Make sure that pork chops are covered with olive oil. Leave them to soak in oil for 60 minutes.
- 2Cut white mushrooms into leaves, and wild mushrooms into small pieces (if you have dried mushrooms soak them in cold water for 20 minutes and than cut them into small pieces).
- 3Take a frying pan (preferably Teflon, so you don’t have to add more oil), heat it. Cover each chop with flour and than fry it until brownish.
- 4When finished, put pork chops aside into warm place, add butter and all mushrooms. Season with salt, green pepper and thyme and sauté until mushrooms are soft.
- 5Put back pork chops, add wine and cook on medium fire for 20 minutes. When you see liquid evaporates add beef stock. Cook for 30 more minutes.
- 6Before end, remove pork chops aside, add mustard and mix well. Cook for 1 minute, add sour cream and mix again. Put back pork chops, cover with sauce and add parsley leaves. Now it is ready to serve. I would recommend rice or mashed potato to serve with this meal.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for North Croatian Pork Chops in Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (472 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 645.5
- Calories from Fat 330
- Total Fat 36.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 123.5 mg
- Sodium 1282.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 36.3 g