Recipe by nitko
This is very simple spring stew. It is recommended to use fresh green peas not canned. So, before starting to cook, remove peas from shuck. It is a boring job but must be done.
- 1000 g green peas
- 1 tablespoon butter (or oil or lard)
- 1 tablespoon flour (all purpose)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme (dry)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley (fresh, minced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a pot and add flour. Fry it until becoming brownish than add water and make creamy liquid.
- Add some water and when boils add all green peas, parsley leaves, salt, and thyme.
- Add water just to cover peas and cook abut 30 minutes or peas become soft.