Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is very simple spring stew. It is recommended to use fresh green peas not canned. So, before starting to cook, remove peas from shuck. It is a boring job but must be done.
- 1000 g green peas
- 1 tablespoon butter (or oil or lard)
- 1 tablespoon flour (all purpose)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme (dry)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley (fresh, minced)
- Melt butter in a pot and add flour. Fry it until becoming brownish than add water and make creamy liquid.
- Add some water and when boils add all green peas, parsley leaves, salt, and thyme.
- Add water just to cover peas and cook abut 30 minutes or peas become soft.