Recipe by nitko
This is one of my grandmother recipes I have decipher from her manuscript. I am making the soup today, so this is how it goes:
Top Review by minmin-mika
This was really really good!! I couldn't stop eating these!!! Because I used green peas of can (sorry!), I was able to perfectly easily make it. Because I didn't have a chive and crouton, I omitted them. But I put sour cream on the top. It was so creamy and super delicious!!! Next time, I intend to put the chili sauce on the top. I'll make this one from now on, again and again! Thanks for a wonderful meal!!!
- 500 g green peas (fresh)
- 150 g onions (spring or green onion)
- 100 g carrots (or one medium carrot)
- 100 g bacon (dried, smoked pancetta)
- 5 g fresh parsley leaves
- 5 g celery leaves
- 50 g butter
- 1 tablespoon flour (all purpose)
- 1 liter beef stock
- 50 g sour cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon chives (minced)
- 5 g salt
- 3 g pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean the green peas and put it into hot water for 5 minutes. Grate of slice carrot and sauté on butter; after a while, mince onion and sauté both on butter until onion is translucent.
- Add finely sliced pancetta and sauté not more than 5 minutes. Add flour and fry about 2 minutes, than add cold water and make creamy liquid (like sauce veloute).
- Cut green parts of spring onion, mince parsley and celery leaves and add into pot. Add green pea and about 1 liter of beef stock. Add salt and pepper.
- Cook until green peas are soft. When soft, remove green pea and blend it into puree (leave 1/6 of peas untouched). You can blend it with stick blender so you do not have to remove geen pea. Add thyme and cook 15 minutes.
- At the end add sour cream and minced chive. Serve with croutons.