1/6 Photos of North Croatian Green Peas Soup
This is one of my grandmother recipes I have decipher from her manuscript. I am making the soup today, so this is how it goes:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g green peas (fresh)
- 150 g onions (spring or green onion)
- 100 g carrots (or one medium carrot)
- 100 g bacon (dried, smoked pancetta)
- 5 g fresh parsley leaves
- 5 g celery leaves
- 50 g butter
- 1 tablespoon flour (all purpose)
- 1 liter beef stock
- 50 g sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon chives (minced)
- 5 g salt
- 3 g pepper
- 1Clean the green peas and put it into hot water for 5 minutes. Grate of slice carrot and sauté on butter; after a while, mince onion and sauté both on butter until onion is translucent.
- 2Add finely sliced pancetta and sauté not more than 5 minutes. Add flour and fry about 2 minutes, than add cold water and make creamy liquid (like sauce veloute).
- 3Cut green parts of spring onion, mince parsley and celery leaves and add into pot. Add green pea and about 1 liter of beef stock. Add salt and pepper.
- 4Cook until green peas are soft. When soft, remove green pea and blend it into puree (leave 1/6 of peas untouched). You can blend it with stick blender so you do not have to remove geen pea. Add thyme and cook 15 minutes.
- 5At the end add sour cream and minced chive. Serve with croutons.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for North Croatian Green Peas Soup
Serving Size: 1 (442 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.9
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 39.2 mg
- Sodium 1306.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 13.6 g