Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my favorite spring stews. It is also my grandmother’s recipe from her booklet. It is also side dish to meat and potato.
- 1000 g cucumbers
- 30 g lard (or oil)
- 20 g flour (all purpose)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon paprika (red, dry)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (red wine vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 50 g sour cream
- Peel the cucumbers and cut them as for salad. Salt it and put aside for 10 minutes.
- Melt lard and add finely minced garlic and flour and sauté it until flour become brownish. Add paprika and stir well. Add cold water and make creamy liquid.
- Squeeze cucumbers with hand to extract bitter liquid and add cucumbers into the pot. Add vinegar, salt and pepper and cover with water.
- Cook not more than 30 minutes. Before serving add sour cream and stir.