Recipe by nitko
This is one of my favorite spring stews. It is also my grandmother’s recipe from her booklet. It is also side dish to meat and potato.
- 1000 g cucumbers
- 30 g lard (or oil)
- 20 g flour (all purpose)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon paprika (red, dry)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (red wine vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 50 g sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the cucumbers and cut them as for salad. Salt it and put aside for 10 minutes.
- Melt lard and add finely minced garlic and flour and sauté it until flour become brownish. Add paprika and stir well. Add cold water and make creamy liquid.
- Squeeze cucumbers with hand to extract bitter liquid and add cucumbers into the pot. Add vinegar, salt and pepper and cover with water.
- Cook not more than 30 minutes. Before serving add sour cream and stir.