Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
You can also call this Croatian hamburger. You can eat this as a plain meal with salad, you can it with beans or leek or kale stews, you can eat it cold or cook as a meat balls. You can also mix it with pork meat and your cutlet will be softer. I will submit my recipe which is not obligatory – you can change it.
- 500 g beef (grounded)
- 200 g pork (grounded)
- 200 g leeks (or one large leek)
- 1 egg
- 2 garlic cloves
- 150 g bread
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 150 g breadcrumbs
- Put grounded beef and pork into large glass bowl. Soak bread in cold water and after few minutes squeeze bread with hand to extract water; than put bread into meat.
- Add egg, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce.
- Cut leek into very thin pieces up to green parts (before it become full green) and add into meat.
- Very finely mince garlic and put into meat. Now, mix really well to make a smooth meat pile.
- Make cutlets with a tablespoon (approx. 100 to 150 g each) and shape them with hands, put into breadcrumbs to cover the cutlet. Now they are ready to fry. You can also make smaller meat balls and do what ever you want to do.