Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
An old-fashioned recipe from the Southern chapter of The United States Regional cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup sweet apple cider (hard cider, whiskey, brandy, sherry, sweet Madeira wine, or sauternes may be substituted)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pint heavy cream
- grated nutmeg, for garnish
- Chill all the ingredients well.
- Beat the first four ingredients together.
- Beat cream until stiff.
- Fold cream into the first mixture and beat again.
- Serve with a sprinkling of nutmet on the top.