Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
this simple, spicy slaw is traditionally served in north carolina as a barbeque sidedish, as well as a crunchy topping on pulled pork sandwiches.
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 green cabbage, cored and shredded (almost 3 pounds)
- in a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegars, sugar, hot sauce, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper. add the cabbage and toss. let stand for 30 minutes, then toss and serve.
Nice slaw - we enjoyed the sweet/spicy combo. Very good over pulled pork, as suggested! Thanks for sharing!
Excellent! Nice and spicy. I only used 1 tbsp of sugar. I think more would be too sweet.
Was most happy to make & try this coleslaw, but with a couple of changes ~ I cut in half both the amounts of hot pepper sauce & red pepper flakes ~ I don't mind a kick, just not a HUGE TROUNCING! And as made, we really enjoyed the slaw! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs at the tail end of the current PAC]