Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
According to "Remembering Amy," some refer to bologna as 'North Carolina steak.' As that just sounds so much more appetizing than plain old BALONEY, I thought I'd use it in the name. This is an adaptation of her Bologna Burger. It was delicious, but we couldn't keep the green pepper and onion from sliding off the bun. Here's my solution:
- 4 slice bologna, thin slices (or just buy the pre-sliced kind)
- 1 large green pepper, sliced thin
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 29.58 ml margarine or 29.58 ml oil
- 4 slice processed cheese
- 4 large tortillas, warmed
- In a large frying pan, saute green pepper and onion in margarine. Remove to plate when desired texture is reached. (I like mine with a little crunch still).
- Place bologna slices in frying pan and fry on one side until browned. Flip and place a slice of cheese on each 'patty.' Fry until cheese begins to melt and bottom side of bologna is also browned.
- Squirt desired amount of mustard on each tortilla and place a slice of fried bologna on each one.
- Top with fried green pepper and onion. Fold bottom up and then roll to enclose the fixin's.