1/2 Photos of North Carolina Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches
4 hrs 20 mins
Posted for Mary the Disturbed Stick Woman
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -6 lbs boneless pork shoulder
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 10 -12 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Coleslaw (optional)
- 4 cups wood chips (use hickory or oak chips for the best flavor)
- 1BBQ Sauce:.
- 2In medium bowl, combine vinegar, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, Worcestershire sauce, salt and hot pepper sauce. Divide sauce into two portions; set aside.
- 3Pulled Pork:.
- 4At least 1 hour before grilling, soak wood chips in enough water to cover; drain before using. Rub meat with salt and black pepper. In a charcoal grill with a cover, place preheated coals around a drip pan for medium indirect heat. Add 1/2 inch hot water to drip pan. Sprinkle half of the drained wood chips over the coals. Place meat on grill rack over drip pan. Cover and grill about 4 hours or until meat is very tender. Add more preheated coals (use a hibachi or a metal chimney starter to preheat coals), wood chips and hot water every 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Remove meat from grill; cover with foil and let stand for 20-30 minutes. Using a fork, shred meat into long, thin strands. Pour sauce over shredded meat; toss to coat. Serve on toasted buns. If desired, top meat with coleslaw. Serve remaining sauce on the side.
- 5* Note: For gas grills, preheat and then turn off any burners directly below where the food will go. The heat circulates inside the grill, so turning the food is not necessary.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for North Carolina Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 613.0
- Calories from Fat 347
- Total Fat 38.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 128.9 mg
- Sodium 583.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 34.4 g