Awesome-great-super-love it!!!! Great for football season!!! I make everything a day ahead for a hassle free day!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pork butt (I buy one around 5-6 pounds)
- cracked black pepper
- garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
The firey sauce known as NC Style
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 cups water
- Tabasco sauce
Lexington Style Sauce
- 1Make the sauce one or two days ahead.
- 2Roll the pork in the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- 3Bake like you normaly would, usually low and slow.
- 4At this point the rest is up to you-you can shred the pork now with forks, and chop some (this is what you would do if you had been grilling or smoking the roast), adding sauce of choice.
- 5Or, if you have a good amount of leftover pork butt roast you can --
- 6Get a large pot and place the pork in it.
- 7Add water up to half way up the pork-cut up 3 or 4 onions and a whole head of garlic and add to water along with the bay-bring to a boil, cover and reduce to simmer-I simmer for around 3 hours or until the pork is falling away from the bone.
- 8Remove the meat (reserve the broth for something else like beans or soup) Shred the pork and add to sauce of choice.
- 9Serve on toasted buns, some folks put slaw on it or on the side and Southern Barbecued Beans.
- 10For the Lexington style sauce add all ingredients to a pot, bring to a boil and simmer to desired thickness.
- 11For the NC firey style bring to a boil-reduce and simmer for 15 minutes-this will keep for 6 months in the fridge.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for North Carolina Pulled Pork
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 46.0
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 630.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: