Recipe by TXOLDHAM
This was served at a barbeque for the governor of North Carolina many years ago by my first husband's family. Before he died in 1995 it was one of our favorite meals. I have remarried and I think it is time to add this back to the rotation. It's really good.
- 2 -3 lbs boneless beef shoulder, at least 2 to 3 inches thick
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- adolphs meat tenderizer
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix marinade and pour over meat. Sprinkle all sides of roast white with tenderizer. Place in covered dish or bag and marinate in the frig for 24 hours.
- After 12 hours, recover with tenderizer.
- Cook 45 minutes over charcoal turning every 10 minutes and baste with marinade at each turning until desired. Careful not to overcook.
- Slice very thin and serve.