1/5 Photos of North Carolina Boneless Shoulder Roast
24 hrs 30 mins
This was served at a barbeque for the governor of North Carolina many years ago by my first husband's family. Before he died in 1995 it was one of our favorite meals. I have remarried and I think it is time to add this back to the rotation. It's really good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 lbs boneless beef shoulder, at least 2 to 3 inches thick
- 1Mix marinade and pour over meat. Sprinkle all sides of roast white with tenderizer. Place in covered dish or bag and marinate in the frig for 24 hours.
- 2After 12 hours, recover with tenderizer.
- 3Cook 45 minutes over charcoal turning every 10 minutes and baste with marinade at each turning until desired. Careful not to overcook.
- 4Slice very thin and serve.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for North Carolina Boneless Shoulder Roast
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.0
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 56.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless beef shoulder
A.1. Original Sauce