8 hrs 5 mins
NC Jen's Note:
The taste of NC barbecue in a simple crock-pot format. Even the most non-BBQ-loving folks come back for more on this one! Bubba, we ain't in Texas anymore! This is NORTH CAROLINA style!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove fatback from pork. Add just enough cider vinegar to slow cooker to cover bottom. Place fat side down in crock pot on high. Sprinkle generously with brown sugar.
- 2Cook 2 hours then reduce heat to low and turn meat over. Sprinkle with more brown sugar.
- 3Cook additional 4-6 hours or until meat easily falls apart when pulled with fork.
- 4Drain juice/fat off meat. Shred pork with fork, add remaining cider vinegar and brown sugar. Cook additional 30 minutes.
- 5Add favorite BBQ sauce to taste! You won't need much sauce - the meat is so tender and tasty alone you will be amazed!
- 6Serve it up with rolls for sandwiches or alone with slaw and beans.
- 7Yield varies based on size of pork shoulder used.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for North Carolina Bbq
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.3
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 273.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 41.0 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: