Here's a quick sauce for left over roasted pork-you can use beef if you prefer. Serve on toasted onion buns.
- Melt the butter in a large, heavy saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and saute 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat and simmer, reducing saucec to 2& 2/3 cups.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with sliced or chopped pork roast or roast beef.
Great sauce, Di! I made this to go with Mean's Pulled Pork for a Super Bowl party. The only change I made was to cut the cider vinegar to one cup (instead of 1 1/3). The result was a great tasting, tangy sauce which went very well with the pork on buns! I'll definitely use this recipe again to make my barbeque sauce! Thanks!
Good base recipe! Would reduce vinegar to 1cup!
YUM! this was great! We really enjoyed this sauce on our (shredded beef)BBQ sandwiches. Love the tangy flavor. Thanks for sharing your recipe!