Recipe by merrilife
I am a recent transplant to the South, and while in NC, I decided I might as well learn to be southern and try NC pork barbeque. I fell in love! Serve this on buns with some coleslaw and sweet tea and you are a true NC native! I found this recipe on the web after searching for one that was easy to do! Hope you enjoy as much as we do.
Top Review by The DawnBug
Yes, this is a true blue pork barbeque recipe. As a true North Carolinian, this is the recipe I had lost. Thank you so much. I live in Minneapolis and they always put some heavy barbeque sauce on it. And they have never heard of putting coleslaw on the bun with it. Thanks Again!!
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse meat and pat dry.
- Sprinkle meat with ground red pepper (I use lots!).
- Place in crock pot on low for 8-10 hours.
- Place meat under broiler for 5-7 minutes for a crusty top.
- Shred meat with fork and a knife and slowly add vinegar and red pepper flakes.
- Add salt to taste (I usually add a little black pepper as well).
- Keep warm until time to serve.