Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
I have not tried this Haggis recipe, but could not resist posting it. Apparently it is difficult to get proper ingredients in North America for the real Haggis, this is supposed to be a 2nd best.
- 1 lb boneless lamb shoulder (or ground lamb) or 1 lb boneless lamb breast, cut into pieces (or ground lamb)
- 1⁄2 lb lamb liver, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper, black
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove, ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- In food processor with chopping blade, process together half of the lamb, the liver, water, onion, egg, salt, pepper, sugar, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg until well combined.
- Add the remaining half of the lamb and the oats, process until well combined.
- Spoon lamb mixture into greased pan, pat surface to level.
- Bake 45 to55 minutes or until centre feels firm when gently pressed.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan, unmold onto platter, slice and serve.
Um, this isn't pet food. This is a traditional Scottish 'people food' recipe. How it ended up in pet food is certainly a mystery.