Recipe by Ms*Bindy
Posted for Zaar World Tour. Source is Sundays at Moosewood.
Top Review by Jo C
This was quite good, but there was to much lemon juice for my liking. I should have re-read the other reviews before I made it! The only thing I changed was to use rice pasta. I'll make this again, but add lemon juice to taste.
- 236.59 ml onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml turmeric
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 0.59 ml cayenne
- 1 small potato, chopped
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 4 small tomatoes, chopped
- 236.59 ml tomato juice
- 946.36 ml vegetable stock
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml curly vermicelli, crumbled
- 236.59 ml chickpeas (canned or cooked)
- 59.14 ml fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley, chopped
- fresh mint leaves
- red bell peppers or pimiento strip
Directions See How It's Made
- In a soup pot, saute the onions and celery in the oil until onions are translucent.
- Add the spices, potatoes, and carrots and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring often.
- Mix in the tomatoes, tomato juice and stock and simmer until all of the vegetables are almost tender.
- Add the zucchini and vermicelli and simmer for about 5 minutes longer.
- Mix in the chick peas, lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, mint leaves, and strips of red bell pepper or pimiento.