Top Review by Geema
Very delicious. I love having another way to make sweet potatoes that is so fast and easy. As I was making these, I just couldn't resist putting in some finely chopped pecans and it turned out to be a good choice. This recipe makes enough latkes for several families, so I only made 1/3 of the original recipe and it worked just fine. Love these latkes, Mirj.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes or 2 1⁄2 lbs yams, peeled
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Loosely grate potatoes in food processor and place in mixing bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix in eggs.
- Cover and refrigerate (up to 4 hours) until time to fry.
- In large non-stick skillet, heat enough oil to cover bottom of the pan.
- Spoon out the batter into pan, being careful not to crowd.
- Cook until crisp and brown on one side, then turn and fry on other side.
- Keep finished pancakes warm in oven until all pancakes are fried.
- Drain on paper towels.