Prep 8 hrs 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This North African style lamb dish goes perfect on a bed of couscous for a sweet and savory flavor.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (extra virgin)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper (fresh ground)
- 2 lbs lamb (sirloin, cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (golden)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup orange blossom water
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon (ground)
- 1⁄2 cup almonds (toasted)
- Pre-soak bamboo skewers in water.
- Whisk together olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice to create marinade.
- Place lamb cubes in a resealable bag and then add marinade.
- Refrigerate for 8 hours, turning every two hours.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Place lamb on skewers.
- Grill for 4 minutes on one side, rotate and grill for 4 minutes more on other side or until desired done-ness.
- In microwavable bowl, mix honey, cinnamon and orange blossom water together.
- Microwave honey mixture for 30 - 60 seconds.
- Remove lamb from skewers. Top lamb with raisins and almonds.
- Drizzle honey mixture on top and enjoy!