Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
I found this recipe in Penzey's magazine. It is super quick and flavor packed.
- 473.18 ml cooked chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 0.29 ml ground cinnamon
- 0.25 ml ground cloves
- 0.29 ml cayenne pepper or 0.29 ml berbere
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml orange juice
- 59.14 ml raisins
- 4.92 ml red wine vinegar
- couscous or rice, for serving
- In a small dish combine the spices. Place the chicken in a resealable container, add spice mixture, close container and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and allow to brown briefly. Slowly stir in the orange juice and vinegar. Cook and stir for about 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is warmed through and flavors have blended.
- Serve over couscous or rice.
Made this today for dinner. The aroma while it is cooking is fantastic. Great and easy to make. Next time I'm going to increase the liquid ingredients cause I want more sauce. Made for ZWT9 and "The Apron String Travelers"
Tasty dish that's easy as can be! The spices worked well with the oj and was great over couscous. I made half the recipe but kept the cayenne the same as we like a bit of heat. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT9, The Apron String Travelers