Recipe by PaulaG
I found this recipe in Penzey's magazine. It is super quick and flavor packed.
Top Review by Maryland Jim
Made this today for dinner. The aroma while it is cooking is fantastic. Great and easy to make. Next time I'm going to increase the liquid ingredients cause I want more sauce. Made for ZWT9 and "The Apron String Travelers"
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄16 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1⁄16 teaspoon cayenne pepper or 1⁄16 teaspoon berbere
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- couscous or rice, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small dish combine the spices. Place the chicken in a resealable container, add spice mixture, close container and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and allow to brown briefly. Slowly stir in the orange juice and vinegar. Cook and stir for about 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is warmed through and flavors have blended.
- Serve over couscous or rice.