Recipe by CaliforniaJan
From Bobby Flay, these chicken breasts are rubbed with an African-inspired spice blend and grilled.
Top Review by loof
Just delicious! Great combination of spices; I used a generous pinch of cayenne and we really enjoyed the warmth it gave. Thanks for sharing a great recipe! Made for the Best of 2013 event, recommended by NorthwestGal
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 pinch cayenne powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Combine all the spices in a small bowl. Brush both sides of fish fillets or chicken breasts with oil. Rub 1 side of the chicken breasts with the rub and grill, rub side down, until golden brown and a crust has formed, about 4 minutes. Flip over and continue cooking for 3 to 5 minutes.