Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Bobby Flay, these chicken breasts are rubbed with an African-inspired spice blend and grilled.
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 pinch cayenne powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- canola oil
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Combine all the spices in a small bowl. Brush both sides of fish fillets or chicken breasts with oil. Rub 1 side of the chicken breasts with the rub and grill, rub side down, until golden brown and a crust has formed, about 4 minutes. Flip over and continue cooking for 3 to 5 minutes.
Just delicious! Great combination of spices; I used a generous pinch of cayenne and we really enjoyed the warmth it gave. Thanks for sharing a great recipe! Made for the Best of 2013 event, recommended by NorthwestGal
We've been busy doing some house fix up's (new flooring and paint) so this easy, quick and yummy dish was very welcome. I'm sorry that I missed this in the last ZWT round but It was very much enjoyed in Feb with saffron garlic rice and green beans. :D
So simple and FULL of flavor, this is a real winner! My propane was out ( :-( ) but I just used the GF grill without putting the lid down, flipping them once. The spice blend is perfect for the region! Thanks for sharing, CaliforniaJan!