Recipe by Susiecat too
I found the original recipe for this at a spice retailer's website, but I changed it a bit to suit my own taste. YUM! This is good for soups, stews, or combined with olive oil and lemons to coat a chicken (under the skin) before roasting.
Top Review by Outta Here
Great combo of flavors. I left out the salt due to health reasons, but it really doesn't need it in my opinion. I used it on a baked chicken breast, and it was quite tasty. Will use it in the future to flavor rice or couscous. Made for Spring 2008 PAC.
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground turmeric