Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Lovely fruit and nut salad.
Make and share this North African Orange Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 oranges (peeled, deseeded, cut into bite sized pieces)
- 118.29 ml pomegranate seeds
- 14.79 ml orange zest
- 118.29 ml almonds (chopped)
- 59.14 ml pistachios (chopped)
- 44.37 ml honey
- 14.79 ml water
- cinnamon (to taste)
- In a bowl, mix oranges, pomegranate seeds, almonds and pistachios toether.
- Microwave honey and water together for 30 seconds and stir.
- Pour honey mixture over fruit nut mixture and toss lightly until coated.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and orange zest.
oh my goodness I made this so long ago but forgot to review it. :( this is fabulous even if I did essentially reconstruct it. Turns out I was out of a few things so I did some successful subbing. I had planned on using pomegranate molasses instead of pom seeds but shockingly, I was OUT. So, I used date syrup & left out the honey. Otherwise I did as I was told & we all enjoyed it very much, thank you. Made for NA/ME Tag 11/13.
Refreshingly light and delicious! I skipped the pom seeds and added instead a drizzle of pom syrup. Local clover honey. Made for Veg Tag/June.
This is a real delight! Flavorful, colorful, and delicious. The crunch from the nuts was a nice complement to the fruit. Thanks for sharing! Veggie Swap 56