Recipe by Stacey Sweet
This marinade is quite versitalie. It can be used on seafood, poultry, beef or pork. This makes enough marinade for 1 1/2 to 2 lbs of meat.
Top Review by Outta Here
This was excellent on a grilled pork tenderloin. Lots of flavor. Looking forward to trying it on some chicken. The instructions didn't say what to do with the oil and stock, so I assumed it went in the blender with everything else. I did cut the amount of salt in half and may cut even more next time.
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 cup paprika
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 2 teaspoons craked black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons cardamom pods
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock or 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place onion, garlic, ginger, spices and salt in a skillet. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes or until spices are fragrant and lightly roasted. Remove from heat.
- In a blender combine the spice mixture, lemon juice, and puree to a smooth paste.
- Spread paste over seafood, poultry, beef or pork and marinate for 2-3 hours or overnight for best results.