Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yummy Kaftas are perfect for lunch or appetizer. Serve with your favorite yogurt cucumber dipping sauce.
- Mix lamb, onion, poppy seeds, cumin, salt, cinnamon and cayenne in large bowl.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Form lamb mixture into a 3 x 1/2 inch long rolls.
- Repeat with remaining lamb mixture to make about 12 kaftas.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in large skillet on medium heat and add 1/2 of the kaftas.
- Cook kaftas for 7 minutes or until cooked through and browned on all sides.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining kaftas, adding remaining 1 tablespoon oil as needed.
- To serve kaftas, carefully slide a wooden skewer lengthwise through center of each kafta.
- Serve with Dipping Sauce.