Recipe by *Parsley*
A more "lemony" flavor than the chicken noodle soups we are used to.
Top Review by Annacia
What a great change of pace soup. I simply love the lemon, it a lovely perk to the flavor. This is so easy to make that you can whip up fresh hot soup for lunch. The only thing that takes some time is chopping the chicken, lol.
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup medium egg noodles, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced carrot
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and diced small
- 1⁄3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 egg
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, bring broth and wine to a boil. Add the finely diced carrots and egg noodles and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, chopped parsley, cumin and pepper.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with the lemon juice and beat in about 1/4 cup of the hot broth.
- Add this egg mixture SLOWLY to the broth mixture in the saucepan, stirring constantly (so egg does not "scramble"); DO NOT BOIL.
- Salt to taste and serve.