Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A more "lemony" flavor than the chicken noodle soups we are used to.
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup medium egg noodles, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced carrot
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and diced small
- 1⁄3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 egg
- salt, to taste
- In a saucepan, bring broth and wine to a boil. Add the finely diced carrots and egg noodles and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, chopped parsley, cumin and pepper.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with the lemon juice and beat in about 1/4 cup of the hot broth.
- Add this egg mixture SLOWLY to the broth mixture in the saucepan, stirring constantly (so egg does not "scramble"); DO NOT BOIL.
- Salt to taste and serve.
What a great change of pace soup. I simply love the lemon, it a lovely perk to the flavor. This is so easy to make that you can whip up fresh hot soup for lunch. The only thing that takes some time is chopping the chicken, lol.
Great soup! I followed the directions as written but halved the lemon juice. It tasted great and I loved how easy it was to make. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 6.
Made this with an extra chicken breast I made with Simple Greek Lemon Chicken Thighs With Potatoes (Low Fat) for 1 last night. The soup was very easy to make and I used Homemade Noodles for 2 (doubled). The lemon juice, cumin, and egg made it different from my usual soup. I loved the extra flavor and I will make this again. Thanks for posting Parsley. Made for Zwizzle Chicks for ZWT6.