Recipe by wicked cook 46
Posting for World Zaar Tour 2009 From Cooking Light Times are approximate
Top Review by ~Leslie~
Fast, easy and delicious, a great combination! Dinner was on the table in about 15 minutes, wow! We really enjoyed this recipe. I served it with a dollop of plain yogurt and some fresh chive on top, also, I used yellow bell pepper as I had no red. Otherwise I didn't change a thing! Thanks for a deicious and different meal. Made for Aussie Swap :)
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked couscous
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup thawed orange juice concentrate, undiluted
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups chopped chopped ready-to-eat roasted boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 3 breasts)
- 2 cups chopped peeled cucumbers
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- sliced green onion (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan, and gradually stir in couscous and raisins.
- Remove from heat.
- Cover; let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Combine orange juice and next 6 ingredients (orange juice through black pepper); stir well with a whisk.
- Combine the couscous mixture, juice mixture, chicken, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl, and toss well.
- Garnish with green onions, if desired.