1/6 Photos of North African Chicken and Couscous
wicked cook 46's Note:
Posting for World Zaar Tour 2009 From Cooking Light Times are approximate
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked couscous
- 1/2 cup golden raisin
- 1/2 cup thawed orange juice concentrate, undiluted
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups chopped chopped ready-to-eat roasted boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 3 breasts)
- 2 cups chopped peeled cucumbers
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- sliced green onion (optional)
- 1Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan, and gradually stir in couscous and raisins.
- 2Remove from heat.
- 3Cover; let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- 4Combine orange juice and next 6 ingredients (orange juice through black pepper); stir well with a whisk.
- 5Combine the couscous mixture, juice mixture, chicken, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl, and toss well.
- 6Garnish with green onions, if desired.
Browse Our Top African Recipes
Nutritional Facts for North African Chicken and Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.0
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 205.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless skinless chicken breasts