1 hr 20 mins
From one of the Moosewood Cookbooks. A favorite with my lunch bunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large Dutch oven or saucepan, saute onions in vegetable oil for 5 to 10 minutes, or until translucent.
- 2Add the potatoes, cumin, and fennel; cook for 1 minute.
- 3Add the hot water; cover, turn up the heat and bring to a boil.
- 4Add the cauliflower and bouillon cubes and return to a boil.
- 5Lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until the vetetables are tender.
- 6In a blender, puree and vegetable/broth mixture until smooth.
- 7Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste.
- 8Reheat the soup, being careful not to scorch it.
- 9Serve warm; garnish with chopped tomatoes and chives.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for North African Cauliflower Soup
Serving Size: 1 (562 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.4
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 52.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable bouillon cubes