Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From one of the Moosewood Cookbooks. A favorite with my lunch bunch.
Make and share this North African Cauliflower Soup recipe from Food.com.
- In a large Dutch oven or saucepan, saute onions in vegetable oil for 5 to 10 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add the potatoes, cumin, and fennel; cook for 1 minute.
- Add the hot water; cover, turn up the heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the cauliflower and bouillon cubes and return to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until the vetetables are tender.
- In a blender, puree and vegetable/broth mixture until smooth.
- Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Reheat the soup, being careful not to scorch it.
- Serve warm; garnish with chopped tomatoes and chives.